Yes, that’s right… you clicked on it, I didn’t force you to come here.
Lent is 40 days long, not including Sundays (so, technically, it’s 46 days long over here.) It starts today, Ash Wednesday and culminates the eve of my 35th birthday, 4th April. With the sh*t storm that has been this last year, I am taking on a couple of ‘personal’ fun challenges to take my mind off the other things that occupy far too much of my brain space!
When I was deciding on which things that I wanted to give up, I made a conscious effort to choose very wisely based on outcomes rather than random ‘I’m giving up wine’ (And we all know I wouldn’t do that!). I asked myself; What would I like to achieve by changing my behaviours before I hit 35? Well…!
- I’d like to feel sexier (Ha!)
- I’d like to feel more positive and empowered
- I’d like to have achieved something with Pat
- I’d like to be further ahead with my work/financial goals.
So with those things in mind, I am giving up;
- Massive knickers (I wear a larger brief on the daily, so I’d like to give the old bum ticklers another whirl) in an attempt to feel more Goddess than Gruffalo.
- I’m giving up Ar*eholes. There are so many accounts on social that make me feel like sh*t and I’m going to be avoiding them at all costs and I’m going to start following a load of new accounts that brighten my mood and lift my spirits
- Avoiding riding! I’m going to commit to an online dressage test, even with the fear of a shitty result and a wet muddy field to ride in, I’m going to try my best and see what happens.
- I’m limiting social media procrastination to the bathroom. Because I work in marketing, I cant give up social media BUT… Here’s the NEW RULE : If I want to look at my own Instagram or Facebook, the only time I’m ‘allowed’ to do it is in the bathroom! So that’s either some very lengthy poo’s I’m having (not possible with a toddler) or my social media time will be much more limited and productive!
So, there you have it. By the time I turn 35 I’ll be a sexy, positive, productive woman with a husband who thinks his wife has severe bowel issues. I’ll check back in half way through and let you know how it’s going… See you then.
I’m off to buy some tiny pants!